Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FPGA QUERY

Status
Not open for further replies.

TripleS123

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am working with Xilinx Spartan 3AN XC3S1400 AN FGG676 Altium Nano Board 3000 series. I am trying to implement a simple combinational circuit . There is an error which occurs in the user constraint part which I had given below

1680609028342.png

The UCF File I have given below

1680609074796.png

Could someone tell me the changes to be made to rectify the mistake?

And is there any user constraint file for this specific fpga (XC3S1400AN) . I had worked with the numatos lab fpga wherein the ucf was given in the website itself. I know that this specific FPGA is outdated but it would be of great help if anyone could share the ucf .

Thanks in Advance

Apparently you can’t have those signals applied to those pins. Look at the device pin out description. Maybe those are dedicated pins?
--- Updated ---

Apparently you can’t have those signals applied to those pins. Look at the device pin out description. Maybe those are dedicated pins?
U10 is ground. I haven’t looked at the other pins.

@TripleS123 ,
I would try to first find the master UCF file for the Spartan 3AN XC3S1400 device. I tried to find it for you but could not.
Then in the master UCF, I would see if the LOCs you have specified (in your original post) are really valid to be used as IOs or are they used for some other function. If you can figure this out, you might be able to solve your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.