Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FPGA interface with OV7670

Status
Not open for further replies.

fouwad

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to interface Ov7670 cmos camera with Artix7 fpga. The default settings for ov7670 are in YUV pattern for which i couldn't find enough information how to retrieve data in default mode. In order to get RGB, you have to configure camera using i2c protocol. I tried both default mode and RGB mode but both are giving me random patterns on VGA. Can someone please help me finding default modesettings and how to use them to get even a grayscale image on VGA. Please help

I am trying to interface Ov7670 cmos camera with Artix7 fpga. The default settings for ov7670 are in YUV pattern for which i couldn't find enough information how to retrieve data in default mode. In order to get RGB, you have to configure camera using i2c protocol. I tried both default mode and RGB mode but both are giving me random patterns on VGA. Can someone please help me finding default modesettings and how to use them to get even a grayscale image on VGA. Please help

Hello,

maybe this post on forum will be helpful for you?

https://www.edaboard.com/threads/how-to-connect-vga-cmos-camera-sensor-to-fpga-board.393473/

Best regards

to get even a grayscale image on VGA. Please help
I was in the same place as you some time ago. I started from checking the internet to get working project (there are plenty of them now) for my board. Unfortunately I got project for other board and then changed the pin assignments to desired board.
Successfully I got working frames from ov7670 on VGA very quick. Then I studied register settings from that working example and changed it a little bit to have better results.

In order to get RGB, you have to configure camera using i2c protocol.
I would recheck if from the A7 FPGA via the I2C, the registers are being correctly set or not. Maybe the problem only lies there.

Status
Not open for further replies.