Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

fpga editor coordinates for routing nodes

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrflibble

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In Xilinx FPGA Editor you can inspect the paths of a routed design. When you then zoom in and do a mouseover, you get a tooltip with a name + X,Y coordinate for the routed segment.

A few examples of what I mean:

(-68920,-178056) OUTPUT
(-69605,-177816) OUTBOUND
(-69607,-177336) PINBOUNCE

These correspond with nodes on the switchboxes. These are also the coordinates that are used in directed routing. I would like to be able to for a given coordinate that the tool spits out, what kind of node it is. So is it an OUTBOUND, PINBOUNCE, or is it a SINGLE or a QUAD. That helps in identifying what is going on during routing and would help a lot in debugging.

Right now I have a perl + fpga_edline script that does most of the work, and gets some useful results. I would like however to have a list of these coordinates (or a way to generate them) to get a bit more meaningful results. As it is now, it's a lot of guessing + random heuristics. A lot better than nothing, but also lots of room for improvement.

Anyone have any ideas on how to obtain the coordinates for these nodes?

Status
Not open for further replies.