Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FPGA Development Kit for wireless communication

Status
Not open for further replies.

dshoter13

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone.

I need to acquire an FPGA development board. The purpose of this board is to implement digital baseband modules for various wireless standards. This FPGA would interface several IC prototypes for measurements setups. Ideally, I would like to output signals with bit rate as high as 2Gbps.. this could be done in serial or parallel fashion.

So, basically, my goal is to reproduce DSP blocks inside the FPGA and output high bit rate signals. This signals can come in serial or parallel fashion.

However, I have a limited budget of 300€. Can someone indicate me some good priced FPGA development kits for this purpose? Or this budget is unrealistic for the specs I am searching for?

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards.

2GBps would likely require at a minimum 16-bit transfers using a parallel bus @ 125 MHz, I would probably go to 32-bit just to reduce that clock rate down to 62.5 MHz SDR or stay with 16-bit DDR. It might be better to use a transceiver based solution a single 2.5Gbps SERDES link would suffice. Your budget seems low, as most of the boards Xilinx and Altera have on their website with either high speed parallel interfaces or serial links (transceivers) are price well above that. You'll have a better selection of boards in the 1000 euro range.

Thank you for your time. Well, I know that my budget is fairly low, but it's best that I can have.. What about this solution: https://www.terasic.com.tw/cgi-bin/page/archive.pl?Language=English&No=830 ? It possesses SMA outputs for transceivers that support up to 3GBps.. would this be enough?

Again, thank you for your time.

Kind regards.
2GBps would likely require at a minimum 16-bit transfers using a parallel bus @ 125 MHz, I would probably go to 32-bit just to reduce that clock rate down to 62.5 MHz SDR or stay with 16-bit DDR. It might be better to use a transceiver based solution a single 2.5Gbps SERDES link would suffice. Your budget seems low, as most of the boards Xilinx and Altera have on their website with either high speed parallel interfaces or serial links (transceivers) are price well above that. You'll have a better selection of boards in the 1000 euro range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back