Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FPGA Design using MATLAB simulink

Status
Not open for further replies.

membership

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all, I want to implement Sgma-Delta ADC on FPGA altera board using verilog code; I want to design my circuit using MATLAB simulink and then use MATLAB HDL coder to get verilog code ; but i dont know how to design my circuit in MATLAB and HOW to start with MATLAB; any body have useful document to satrt designing sigma delta ADC in MATLAB?
thanks in advance

tnx ninju i installed sigma delta toolbox (delsig) and insert in to my Matlab software toolboxes, but i can not see this tool box among them !! and dont know how to open it?
any guidance very appreciated....

I need more details on what you did, also which version of MATLAB you're using.

One more word of caution, last time, when i used the HDL coder, it gave an un-synthesizable VHDL code. I don't know how it'll be for verilog.

I need more details on what you did, also which version of MATLAB you're using.

One more word of caution, last time, when i used the HDL coder, it gave an un-synthesizable VHDL code. I don't know how it'll be for verilog.

my MATLAB Software is R2011b(7.1). I download DSToolbox.rar then unzip it and copy the folder of delsig to the directory of MATLAB toolbox then from file>set path>Add folder/Add subfolder>"choose delsig">ok>close

unsynthesizable code?!!! oh... so do you have any experience of using ALtera DAP Builder in MATLAB?

- - - Updated - - -

my MATLAB Software is R2011b(7.1). I download DSToolbox.rar then unzip it and copy the folder of delsig to the directory of MATLAB toolbox then from file>set path>Add folder/Add subfolder>"choose delsig">ok>close

unsynthesizable code?!!! oh... so do you have any experience of using ALtera DAP Builder in MATLAB?

sorry Altera DSP Builder Blockset i mean..

I haven't used the Altera one as such. It was a filter generated using matlab's vhdl coder that caused a problem and was un-synthesisable. You'd better ask someone else about this. I have a much much older version of matlab. I doubt its supported anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.