Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fourier transform representation

Status
Not open for further replies.

cedance

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
fourier transform representation

Hi,

I have an image whose fourier transform is plotted. Now, my project is more related to optics of the eye. So, I have to induce a "defocus" by implementing a bessel filter and then the usual process (transform of filter * transform of image and then taking inverse transform to get the defocussed image). By defocussed, i mean, the image that would result by say putting an additional lens of certain power in front of your camera lens.

Now, my question is that, there is a term called "Modulation transfer function" associated with this optics of the eye. I have to plot this MTF from the 2D fourier transform of the image as well as the defocussed image.

Does any one have an idea how usually 1D representations are made from 2D transforms? This is my question actually. I have given an overview of what is happening, in case some one has already done the same project, i thought the info might help.

looking forward,
cedance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back