Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Formailty Failure - Synthesis Netlist vs ECO Netlist

msuen

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I am beginner with little experience on Synopsys Formality, and I am having trouble verifying an ECO post-synthesis netlist and manual ECO - post-layout netlist. The problem is described below:

RTL RTL (ECO fix)
| / |
| / |
Synthesis netlist / |
| Formality Equivalent Synthesis netlist (with ECO fix)
| / /
PnR netlist / Formality Not Equivalent
| / /
| / /
Manual ECO (gate level netlist)

I manually edited a gate-level netlist, and is able to verify it equivalency to the new RTL. However, when trying to verify its equivalency to the new synthesized netlist, the equivalency check failed.

My question is, whether Synopsys formality could verify this type of gate level vs gate level netlist check, and if not why is it?
I have provided both the original and new svf file within my script, and I am sure I am using the same version for both design compiler and formailty.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back