Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

for VHDL & Verilog programmers

Status
Not open for further replies.

reckless

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hey iam an embedded student sn i did a little about VLSI so the question is
If i gonna port my OS on any target processors can it be the one made and simulated in VHDL or Verilog .ie if i can get the out put return values to my OS so that i don't need the external hardware, If possible than give me the details of 8086 processor and the ref sites

thanx

What u are looking for is hardware -software co -simulation ... how is it done in simple terms ... compile ur program .. get the binaries .. convert it into hex format ... load it into a memory model in verilog or vhdl then run it (normal h/w verification way ) . But what u want to do is port your OS to a processor .. doing this on simulation will be too tedious and slow . use real hardware ... fpga or quick turn to do this .

hey thanx 4 that sugg bt the prob is still there . actually ive an IDE of a real time OS so i did my job write the code compile it link it but when it goin to run it was looking for a target processor so i want a virtual processor/controller in Verilog who can do my work i.e can run my whole code and let me know the out put , dear i am escaping from hardware totally and want it complete. so...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back