Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

For those who have used the U2270B

Status
Not open for further replies.

zehao

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
u2270b

Hi I'm doing a project that involves RFIDs and have chosen the Atmel U2270B as the base station IC. Anyway, the problem I have is that no matter how carefully (temperture, time, etc) I hand-soldered it to a SOIC-DIP socket (i'm prototyping on a protoboard), the chip gets fried. I've destroyed two this way already. And I determined that they're fried because the pin 1 (GND) is only ~600-700 Ohms to Output/Coil1/Coil2/and several other pins.

Can someone who has used this chip let me know how I can connect it to a protoboard without baking-type soldering, ie. somehow hand-solder or wirewrap or something?
[edit - or perhaps some kind of SOIC-DIP test socket that's not >$50]

As a side question, I ordered read-only transponders from Digikey but there's no info on what bitstream i should be expecting.

Thanks!

u2270b dip

I am using the u2270 can anybody communicate with me. it is urgent. please reply at kcineus@gdsystem.ca. if necessary i will call you guys buy phone where ever you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back