Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

for loop in verilog is synthesizable or not..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

dipin

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

i had a verilog code that contains two for loops.The code works fine and it is synthesizable(checked using xilinx ISE 14.4)

this is my code
Code:
 for(i=0 ; i<N ; i=i+1) begin 

if(yin[i+1] < 0 ) begin

xin[i+2]  <= xin[i+1]  -  yin[i+1] ;
   yin[i+2]  <= yin[i+1] +  xin[i+1]  ;

end else begin

xin[i+2] <= xin[i+1] + yin[i+1] ;

end

end
its a pipelined operation.
my question is is there any probem if use a for loop in verilog???
did all the tool and FPGA support for loop??

thanks & regards

You have to remember that loops are unrolled during compile time. So this means the loops will unroll into parrallel hardware, or serial hardware, depending on the behaviour of the code. You're safer here because you have non-blocking asignments, and so you get a pipeline. Using blocking assignments would have given you a long logic chain when yin is less than 0.

What this code produces is a mux for each value value of x selecting between the two possible values. For the yin values, it should just create a clock_enable using the compare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back