Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Footprint for PTH shrouded top entry header

Status
Not open for further replies.

cupoftea

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Do you agree that the footprint for the B8B-ZR top entry shrouded header (PTH) should have pads which are round, 0.65mm drill and 1.2mm diameter?
(otherwise they may not be properly soldered as the rest ring would be too small if smaller than this)

B8B-ZR

The data sheet suggested foot print (0.7 mm drill, about 1.1 mm pad) seems fine. 0.65 mm drill is too small for 0.5 mm square pins.

Thanks, i tend to agree with you...but may i ask where in the datasheet you saw those figures?...i could not find them.
I then imported the footprint from snapEDA, and it gave me a 1.2mm diameter/0.7mm pad for Eagle.

However, the Eagle diameter parameter was set to "auto" which makes me wonder whether either Eagle, or snapEDA, decided this dimension?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back