Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Footprint for ORCAD Release 9.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigbaobao

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am new in orcad design and I am using Orcad Release 9.1 version now.

I want to ask about how can i to check whether this component such as adapter socket has footprint or not in the orcad library or i have to create a new footprint for it?

Let say i am drawing the schematic circuit now, and I don't know the adapter socket has footprint or not, so could i draw it in the circuit or I have to add in after i complete the schematic circuit without the adapter socket and created a new footprint?

Or doesn't matter to draw a complete schematic circuit and then just create a new footprint for any component without footprint in orcad library?

Hope you all can help me...Thank in advance!:wink:

To check footprint in Orcad library, go library manager in Layout. There are different libraries are present. In that search for required footprint.
For new footprint, you can create new footprint in Layout.
And whether footprint is available or not, you can complete your schematic first. Then search for required footprint, if not then create them using respective datasheet. Then assign footprints in schematic.

Hi,

Thank for your sharing.

I want to ask about arrangement for pin number. Let say now i have a pic16f877A.OLB for my ORCAD, but the pin number arrangement is does not match the data sheet of this pic, that mean a real pic have a nice sequence arrangement of pin number such as 1,2,3,4,5,6....and so on. But my OLB file circuit's pin arrangement are 13,14,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,32,31...and so on (not follow the sequence). And i will connect the PIC after done the PCB. So Izit the arrangement of pin number will influence my orcad project in PCB design?

definitely not.....that arrangement in .olb is for user friendly only.....it helps you to connect signals straight way....means schematic looks neatly.... and about footprint you should make as per datasheet only...arrangement of pin nos in schematic will not affect your circuit working.....but it should be correct..( VCC signal should connect to VCC pin only)

Hi,

Thank for your reply...I am really appreciate it.

Do you have schematic for LCD 16x2 (olb)? Can you share to me?

how many data lines u r using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back