Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

font problem of ic50 on RH8

Status
Not open for further replies.

husteven

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
When I use the ic50 on RH8.0, there is a problem of font, when I use virtuso composer.
here is the cds.log can any one help me to solve it.

X Toolkit Warning:
Name: textfield
Class: XmTextField
Character '\163' not supported in font. Discarded.

Step back to RH Linux 7,1 or 7.2. It will solve your problem.

Dear friend,
I really do not think that, when we encounter a problem with our tool on a new platform , it's solution is to " STEP BACK " to previous versions of that operating system.
Now, Once, I have a problem with the font system of HDL Designer under Mandrake Linux 9.0, I could solve the problem by simply installing an additional XFree86 related library, place on the thirs CD of mandrake.
I'm wondering if these two problems can be the same. any how, the file, which I mentioned above was near 80 kbytes and it's name contain "XFree" and "compat" I think it is a kind of update needed for compatibility issues.
Since, XFree86 is not related to any of Mandrake or redhat, may be you can have a simple test.
Now, IC5.0 works well under my mandrake 9.1.

even in redhat 7.2 if u u use some themes and apply them to other tools than KDE tools u will see some waring about fonts!

I THINK it is a problem related to linux configurations and not the release of it; as u know, it is possible to add new fonts or even "alias" them to your linux without changing the OS!

BEST!

my friend run IC5.0 on Redhat v8, seem no problem at all.

I'm also in this problem and don't know how to correct? could Mandmake Xfree related library run under RH8?

Status
Not open for further replies.