Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FMU32U diodes or alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nishon

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey guys
I'm trying to get these diodes and cannot seem to get it any way here in South Africa.it looks like a mosfet but instead on the case it has diodes symbols that face the same direction so I'm assuming it is used as a voltage doubler.since I can't get these diodes,is there any other diode I can use or just take two seperate diodes,join the anode of one diode to the cathode of another diode to create a common point and solder it to the amplifier board? Please advise guys!
Thanks

Why a doubler? Maybe a schottky pair, a full-wave rectifier, etc. Without knowing the parameters it's hard to say WHAT you can use as a substitute.

Hi barry
From the datasheet it says its a u-type bridge rectifier.I'm nt so clued up with electronics,I'm a high voltage technician so I just know a little electronics.its two diode symbols joined together facing same direction.I think its used on the output side of a monoblock amplifier.

The part number suggests it's made by Sanken. The FMU32 series are 250V/80A fast recovery diodes and that ties up with the packaging you describe. The 'S' suffix is common cathode configuration and 'R' is common anode. Perhaps the 'U' means the diodes are joined anode to cathode on the common pin.

On the output of an amplifier it could be for overshoot protection where it clamps the common pin voltage so it can't go above supply or below ground voltage. If that is the case, you could use two single diodes of similar rating to replace it.

Brian.

Ok so I just check if I can get normal two pin diodes that can handle around 250V and 80A join them together and it should work?

The only question might be the fast-recovery aspect. It depends on your application whether this is important or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back