Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FMEA - Processes - Clarification Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slasher_44

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi ,

I'm a newbie in the FMEA process and wanted to as a basic question on the same .

While exploring through various FMEA templates for one of my board design , I came across templates focusing on RPN (Risk Priority number) and another set focusing Failure Rate (λ) .

In the first one we asses the Occurrence , Severity and Detection rate to get the RPN number and based on that we predict reliability / corrective actions on the board .

In the second one we take Failure rate,Failure mode ratio..etc of boards from MIL standard documents and with that we calculate λs,λd,λdd,λdu .. etc and with that arrive at a safe failure fraction and based on this arrive at a reliability for board .

Can some one tell me whether my understanding is correct ? And which are the cases in which each of these templates are preferred . Pros and cons of both the methods . Any missing things that I didn't understand ... And any document / link that I can refer to get my basics right ??

Thanks in advance . :-D :)

Hi,

Your understanding about RPN method is correct. I'm not familiar with other method.

Tnx
PRJI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back