Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FM receiver Chipset with autoscan function

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikhillife11

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey All,

Can anyone help me with a FM chipset which has an autoscan function within itself...So that i can use 89c51 to communicated and display the station on an LCD display. I need a cheap and autoscanable FM chip..

Thanks and Regards

Nikhil

Autoscan functions work differently.

Do you want the autoscan to stop when it detects any broadcast, or do you want it to stop when it detects a certain intensity of carrier, or do you want it to pause 5 seconds and continue except if you push a button during those 5 seconds?

It shouldn't be hard to program any of the above.

Hii Brad,

yes i want the autoscan to stop when it detects any broadcast...and at the same time i should be able to display the freq of the station too. I can display the freq at the display it is possible for me but can you help me with the autoscan function( guide me on that) and suggest me which FM receiver should i use.

thanks

Nikhil

Searching on 'FM receiver IC autoscan'.... This was the first hit.

Autoscan function is available in the IC. You must do something with a 'reset' to make it resume scan at the beginning of the band when it reaches the end.

The writer states this is an old IC. You can probably find an alternate which is in current manufacture.

Status
Not open for further replies.