Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FM modulator circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

T silva

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to build a fm modulation circuit in proteus. Using the circuit suggested in the book 'operational Amplifier design and Application' by Burr Brown staffs. I have attached the schematic from the book. What is this '4118/15 sin/cos module' used in this schematic? I cannot find this part. Can anyone help me about this part?

1626769617921.png
1626769636516.png

Looks like an ancient design.
I would guess it is either a diode based compressor to convert the triangle wave input to a near sine/cosine output or a polyphase network that, over a limited range of frequencies, provides quadrature phase shift. It could also just be a theoretical 'block diagram' part that doesn't really exist.

Brian.

I think thats an old Analog Devices Hybrid module.

Was targeted towards sychro solver designs.

Regards, Dana.

Last edited:

According to internet resources it's a Burr Brown (now TI) module which came out 50 years ago, of course obsolete since long. There are however various nonlinear circuit designs providing triangle to sine wave shaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.