Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Flyback transformer Turns canculation and gap length

Status
Not open for further replies.

phobos1

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I read about designing flyback transformer desing from abraham pressman book I have ungapped ferrite core how can i get the required primary inductance. someone tell me how can i determine the gap length and number of turns.

I read about designing flyback transformer desing from abraham pressman book I have ungapped ferrite core how can i get the required primary inductance. someone tell me how can i determine the gap length and number of turns.
Hi phobos1
If you've followed the Pressman book then you would know that it deals with gap calculations too . page 135 . 137 ,138 , till 145 ! But in fact , most of the times i prefer to use 1 mm as gap , but if my current is going to be high , i increase the gap . ( using experience and trial and error instead calculations of gap ! )
I have ungapped ferrite core how can i get the required primary inductance
Pressman's book has some design examples . you can see them . ( as you mentioned you have access to this book so you can read it's design examples ) . and also marty brown's book has some design examples . and there are many application notes and design ides in google . did you try to search for them ?
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Hi gold smith i got my flyback transformer running but the primary current keeps increasing by 1ma step slowly is it right

Hi gold smith i got my flyback transformer running but the primary current keeps increasing by 1ma step slowly is it right
Hi phobos1
What do you mean by running by 1 ma step slowly ? is that mean that when you have putted the load across the output , then the current is not in the value that it should be ? and then it is increasing as steps ? or perhaps i've misunderstood your meaning ? more information is required .
By the way can you show me your schematic ? perhaps you have used a current limiter for that and it is improper ? are you using a current mode flyback converter ?

Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Status
Not open for further replies.