Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Flyback design using TNY switch and Pre winded Transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

adnan012

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi, I have arranged this transform (see attached file). Can i use it as a flyback ? I need design for 3.3V @ 1 amp. The primary inductance is 2.8mH , turn ratio is 19. How can i use it with TNY284 type device?

Regards

Attachments

• 749118105.pdf
    114.1 KB · Views: 110

Hi,

Did you read TNY datasheet?
What does it say?

Klaus

I am confused, i want to know how to start design process for a per-winded transformer?

Hi,

Why are you confused?
You want to build a flyback supply, you want to use the TNY and you want to know if the transformer fits.
Usually you find this information in the TNY datasheet.

Klaus

Thanks for reply

Kindly explain these terms for fly-back Topology

Primary winding Current Ripple
Primary Peak Current
Primary RMS Current

Regards

It might work. The datasheet doesn't list the saturation current, which is a key parameter. Also its leakage is fairly high, so it won't be very efficient.

i am using PI Expert 9 tool. There is a term " Ripple to Peak Current Ratio, KP". Which mode is suitable for low power power supply? Does these devices like TOP264 take care of compensation loop in continuous mode of operation. Is it correct to use continuous mode with power level less than 25 watts?

Status
Not open for further replies.