Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fly back converter transformer selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

elec-engin

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi friends
I designed a universal Ac voltage converter and EE core was chosen for the transformer core. for example, I calculate the air gap about 25mil. how can i find the best part number of suitable EE core for my designation with that air gap. i will appreciate your assistance.
best regard

The catalog for TDK (epcos) and ferroxcube cores is in the "FERRITE CATALOGS" folder of the following...

SMPS course_Big folders
https://drive.google.com/file/d/17ij_pQLkAzzYeL_TRNci86sXHMirKHmD/view?usp=sharing

...quickest way is to choose one, work it through, and then go to next up or down size till you get nice Bmax and core loss etc....once youve a template going, you can quickly do this.

Best is to get a template going with all the parameters of each core, then just re-use that each time.

Or you can do on power integrations....then see what they use...then use that and see how it works for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.