Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

fluorescent light change color with frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

zawminoo

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everybody,

I would like to change color of fluorescent light.
How can I change these color.
I think that it can change color by changing frequency.
Right?

Please help me if you have this project.

Thank!
Zaw

i think fluorescent lights rely on the monochromaticity of the gas filled in it... i dont think you can change colour....

Hi Everybody,

I have seen a bulb which is changing colors.
For example...
First,it is red and then 20 second later it change blue and so on...
(it can change 7 color)
I would like to know how it is.

Thank,
Zaw

ya i too think the same... fluorescent light depends on the gas filled and its emission spectrum... there is no way of changing the gas in it and even if many gases are used the other lower energy colours would also be present....

so it must have been LED lights.... but i'm not sure of the 7 colour thing you are mentioning....

Totally agree with the light emission related to the gas choice.
We're very probably dealing with multi-color diodes.

BTW you can find many of those on http://www.tom-ic.com/index.php?cPath=27
If you'd like multi-color LEDs, it's no problem. Just use our BOM service **broken link removed**.

------------------<0>-<0>------------------
\[ \eta \sigma \mu\]
www.tom-ic.com
Your reliable prototyping partner.

Actually, it might be possible to change the fluorescent light color. It looks like they coasted two different color phospers that has reacts to different UV wavelength and got the tube to emit different UV wavelength to activate the color you want....
**broken link removed**

But, yeah, it sounds like what zawminoo is discribing is color changing LED based light.

this is pretty cool.... rowokii can you please post the links of the two colour fluorescent light you are talking about....
just curious to know how they switch the emission spectrum of the light...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back