Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Flourescent tube powered without wires. Induction Coil ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

plainman007

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Id like to know how we can power a flourescent tube without an connections. Which means it can just light up in your hands with no connection to mains power. This is done using something like an induction or tesla coil type of thing. I saw it a many years ago on a joke shop or novelty store, being sold online.

Ive even see them display this at science fairs etc (again as a child) where you could hold the flourecent tube in your hand and it would glow. As long as you were close to the coil or whatever that throws this power in the air it would light up the tube. I think it basically throws a radiation which reacts with the phosphor coating inside the tube allowing it to glow. Can someone suggest some ideas as to how this can be achieved ? Or how to go about making / getting such a thing ?

Thanks..
Vik

The technique is generaly known as electrodeless discharge lamp. It can work with moderate high frequency (> several MHz) electric fields or GHz EM fields.

Hi,

What is that. I need to make one for a project. Im not talking about a special lamp here. Just any tubelight / flourescent tube of about 4 ft to 6 ft can be made to glow in your hands. Juts holding it. I guess the o called gadget is somewhere nearby and causes the Tubelight to glow. I need info on how to make this gadget please ?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back