Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

floorplanning...in altera....

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay_ec_engg

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
when i m writing any program in vhdl using altera max-plus II software... only sometimes altera is allowing me to do floorplaning.. i mean to say..
only some time its allowing me to change the LE location in floorplanning... but in many cases its not allowing to change any LE...
y it is so ???

floorplanning...in @ltera....

have u tried to use quartusii?
maybe ok

MaxplusII doesn't give the designer much freedom in changing the floorplan of a compiled design on the FPGA.

However, Quartus allows to do this through the LogicLock option as proper floorplanning of a relatively small design on a large FPGA chip could reduce delays.

what kind altera Device you used
Maybe your altera device not support Regionlock ......

but I don't understand what you maen sometimes it's working ,
and sometimes not , it 's not tool problem(QII / MaxplusII all suuport RL), I think you should check your board first.

floorplanning...in @ltera....

I think only quartus provides the ability of logic-lock and chip-editor. Since Altera already announced never launch a new version of maxplus, it is the time to shift the design platform from maxplus to quartus.

I used ACEX1k and i dont have quartus II licence.....
some times in the sense... with this chip ( i used only 27%) i m able to move LE's but if same logic i will try to load in some other FPGA .. say FLEX10K , then i m unable to move a single block..
y it is so ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back