Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Flexible Epoxy Coated Need for Antenna Wire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred_B

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am in need of a flexible, electrically insulating coating for a solid 16 AWG single conductor antenna wire. I would like to be able to either spray or dip the coating on to the wire. Does anyone know of such a product and from where it may be obtained.

Best regards,

Fred B

BTW Heat shrink tubing or sleeving would be too thick.

Hey Fred, it sounds like you're after a "conformal coating". Have a Google around - there's 1001 suppliers and products and most contract assembly/electronics manufacturers can do it for you.
(Or you can by something that'll probably work for you in a spray can from Farnell if you've got a few to do by hand...)

Thanks for the reply thylacine1975.

Conformal Coatings seem to be just what I am need.

Best regards,

Fred B

Keep in mind plastics have a high dielectric constant and may lower the resonant frequency and some plastics are hydrocsopic in thin layers and water has an even higher dielectric constant. of >60

Well, it looks like Techspray SR or UR will do the job. I need a coating that is both flexible and abrasion resistant. I have a RF anechoic chamber in which to test the coatings as applied to the antenna to see if any detuning occurs. So, we'll see...

Thanks,

Fred B

I recently tried PlastiDip on a couple of antennas. It can be sprayed, painted or dipped.

Thanks for the suggestion hagster. That might be useful for other future projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back