Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

flex sensor with LCD using pic16F877a

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichelleVC

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
i am trying to make a an electronic glove using flex sensor to display the sign language on the LCD . The sensor at rest gives a 10k resistance and when bent upto 25k . with my finger movement ill get a varying resistance for every alphabet . i have connected the sensors to a voltage divider each , i.e, 5 sensors each to 5 voltage dividers , where i get voltage from 3.9V to 2.5V, slight variations for the diff sensors . then the voltage output i connected to a voltage follower to get lower impedance . now i have to give it to the PIC16F877a that i am using . Is it feasible to use PIC16F877a or shud i opt for PIC18F452 . i am new to programmin in C and would like help in how to proceed with the program . i understand assembly language better but for my project i ve to do in C .. i would really appreciate the help ..
Thanku :)

The flex sensors as told by many websites are not availble in the stock. please check the availability of it. I faced lot of problem in getting it and later had to break old LCD and use the flexible materials to make my own ciruit. Still i find it hard to get those sensors. Any controller is fine for that.

---------- Post added at 11:27 ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 ----------

Once you can confirm its availability then it is better to think of suitable language and controller.

At least in india i did not get this sensor. maybe you can try your luck

i have bought 2 flex sensors . u can check da website rhydolabz.com ... 1 flex sensor is 850 bucks another 100 for shipping ... its based in cochin .... i had no problems with buyin the flex sensor ... i tried making but had problems with the material ... i have already used the flex sensor , connected it to a voltage divider and then volt follwer like i already posted b4 ...my main problem now is programmin the PIC for ADC and also the PIC to LCD ... need help in that

Yes but i wud like to program with PIC for the ease of it ... programmin is easier .... i wud jus like to know sample programs after i convert my 5 analog inputs to digital outputs ... how exactly do i program the digital outputs of the various inputs which is in hexadecimal to give an alphabet .... i jus wanted a sample program or some other program of the similar application ...

hi sir i am prathap.
i am doing project on sign language to text translator and text to animation sign language.
i need layout of this project.
what are the requirements for this project?
what are the modules?
where to start how to start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back