Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Flattening Hierarchical Layout for Routing LEF

Status
Not open for further replies.

arturoEE

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am using Cadence Innovus, and have designed a block that will be duplicated many times to make up my layout. I have saved this block as a *.LEF file, and instantiated it many times in my top-level project. I am curious to know if there is a way to flatten my layout or to export it such that I can route over/through my *.LEF blocks, as currently everything must be routed around them, leading to a much larger area.

For example, my blocks are routed on M1 and M2, and have a power grid on M4, M5, but M3 is empty. I cannot route through my blocks on M3 currently in my top-level design which means I'm wasting area. Is there a way to solve this issue?

Thanks so much for your assistance.

Thanks for the hint! Obstruction was the word I was missing.

For any other beginners looking to do this using the flag [-cutObsToExposeRouting distance_in_microns] on write_lef_abstract and setting the distance to half the maximum W/L of the chip will remove the obstruction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back