Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Flashing ESP32

Status
Not open for further replies.

venkates2218

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hai,
Using VS Code with Platforum IO to program ESP32-WROOM-32E.After Compling the code .bin file is generated under .pio\build\upesy_wrover.After generating the bin file,used NodeMCU-PyFlasher-4.0 to flash the ESP32 clip.Flash mode is DIO.
Flashing completed successfully but there is no output from the ESP32(Blinking program)

P
Hai,
Using VS Code with Platforum IO to program ESP32-WROOM-32E.After Compling the code .bin file is generated under .pio\build\upesy_wrover.After generating the bin file,used NodeMCU-PyFlasher-4.0 to flash the ESP32 clip.Flash mode is DIO.
Flashing completed successfully but there is no output from the ESP32(Blinking program)
Post your code, use the code tags from triple dot menu above.

Regards, Dana.

Main File:
Code:
#include <Arduino.h>

int LED_BUILTINS = 2;
void setup()
{
  pinMode(LED_BUILTINS, OUTPUT);
}
void loop()
{
  digitalWrite(LED_BUILTINS, HIGH);
  delay(1000);
  digitalWrite(LED_BUILTINS, LOW);
  delay(1000);
}

Platforum.ini
Code:
[env:upesy_wroom]
platform = espressif32
board = upesy_wroom
framework = arduino

WROOM32 is an ESP32 module but it doesn't have a LED. I think you are using a WROOM32 on a development board of some kind and they don't all use GPIO2 as the LED output. The program looks fine so I suspect you are just driving the wrong LED output. Can you post a photo of the board please so we can see exactly what version it is.

Brian.

WROOM32 is an ESP32 module but it doesn't have a LED. I think you are using a WROOM32 on a development board of some kind and they don't all use GPIO2 as the LED output. The program looks fine so I suspect you are just driving the wrong LED output. Can you post a photo of the board please so we can see exactly what version it is.

Brian.
1660756136728.png

This is the module

I can see here is confusion regarding the LED and LED pin. Do you have Arduino IDE? Then I request you to upload the built-in LED blinking code of the arduino IDE and see what happens. Do not forget to install and select the ESP32-WROOM first.
C:
void setup() {
  // initialize digital pin LED_BUILTIN as an output.
  pinMode(LED_BUILTIN, OUTPUT);
}

// the loop function runs over and over again forever
void loop() {
  digitalWrite(LED_BUILTIN, HIGH);   // turn the LED on (HIGH is the voltage level)
  delay(1000);                       // wait for a second
  digitalWrite(LED_BUILTIN, LOW);    // turn the LED off by making the voltage LOW
  delay(1000);                       // wait for a second
}

I just copied your code to an identical module here and I have a continuous RED LED indicating the power is on and a blue LED flashing one second on then one second off, exactly as it should.

I am using the Arduino platform with the board type set to "NODEMCU-32S". I don't know what a "upesy_wroom" is but try my settings and see if it works. Alternatively, you could do what I always do, tell the program to use a generic ESP32 module then use actual GPIO numbers in the program instead of the names printed on the PCB.

Brian.

Please refer the red marking.What's the name of this pin used for holding the chip.?

Attachments

• ESP32 Flasher.png
    ESP32 Flasher.png
    651.1 KB · Views: 130

They are individually soldered spring wires. The picture shows an ESP8266 board, not ESP32 but the pin fixings are the same type, just a lot more of them on the '32.

As far as I know, nobody makes sockets for ESP8266 or ESP32, probably because the clearance needed around the antenna could be violated but those development boards are very good for programing and debugging. Be careful to insert and remove the ESP without bending the spring wires, they are difficult to straighten if they get folded down!

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.