Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

flashing circuit problem.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

desperado1

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm assembling a commercial control panel to operate two 3phase pumps with light and horn alarms. I have everything sized and designed for my needs but was unable to find a simple way to flash the LED lamp in my high/high circuit. I figure it'll need an "on" delay and an "off" delay relay but can't seem to get the logic right. The plan is to flash a light and sound a horn with a PB and latching relay to silence the horn but keep the light flashing until the level drops below the setpoint at which point it all resets

You can use LM555 to make a astable multivibrator to drive the LEDs, and through a driver to drive the horn either.

The circuit examples and calculation are in the LM555 datasheet.

nguyennam

There are comercial timers that have "flashing" mode, just look at Omron timers. If you have more logic present in the panel, you are probably at price of material that justifies small PLC like AB µLogix 1000 for all your control functions. If just a small LED needs to flash, there are LEDs that have flasher circuits built in them. I presume based on your question that you are not electronic tech at all. For one it would be fairly simple to design electronic circuit that does all control functions with small micro controller integrated circuit. If you need someone to do that for you, just ask here with details and post contact info.

Status
Not open for further replies.