Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Flash symbols in Extend Gerber RS274X ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

renato

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
flash symbol in allegro

Hello, I've used Allegro and I've been some problems with gerber generating:

When I generate for Rs274x standard, allegro fails becouse I haven't flash symbols. What is a flash symbol ? Really I need it to geber extended generating ?

Thanks in advance,

rs274x flashes

Gerber files works whith apertures:
this is flash code (D20, D37...)
in example D20 is Round 20 mils, D37 is square 50 mils
and whith these flash codes the laser machine draws the layer
so U need to tell what Dcode is affected to...
Is it clear?

Hello,
The Flash Symbol is difined when you build the Padstack which has a name ( Thermal Relief) such as 80x60x10. If you have that, you must creat the Flash Symbol and it has called 80x60x10.dra and 80x60x10.fsm. RS274X is required the Flash Symbol. If you use 6x00, it should be OK. Good Luck.

Refer to follow site
**broken link removed**

renato said:
Hello, I've used Allegro and I've been some problems with gerber generating:

When I generate for Rs274x standard, allegro fails becouse I haven't flash symbols. What is a flash symbol ? Really I need it to geber extended generating ?

Thanks in advance,

don't use NEGATIVE planes and you don't need flash !

Thanks for all ... and CadPCB, I received a layout made for a 3rd part and change it, I didn't received any fsm ou dra regarding flash symbols and in atrwork configuration two of my six layes (power an gnd planes) use negative plane. How could I convert it to positive plane ? (Can I ?) It introduces some diference to manufacturing the PCB ?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Renato

I don't use allegro, but the manufacturer can plot either negativ or positiv plot of your layer.

You can change the Negative Plane to Positive Plane by changing in the Cross-section. In that case, you have to void them and everytime you move any vias, you should delete the voice right there and re-do the void again. It's not too good for using void.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back