Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Flash File System help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinayby

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
in a project which requires to download ,say, an Audio file from PC to a flash card.. and then playback independently..... FAT is a simple but v.bad way to go

But if JFFS2 is used...as far as the device is connected to LinuxPC then there are no problems.. but.... how easy or hard is it / and what effort it takes:

-> to read the data off the filesystem.. independently.. i mean with the embedded controller routines..(ie.. in order for the uC to read data on fs and output to DAC...)

I need to estimate this before i can startoff with the proj... it wd be great if someone could throw some light on this...

Hi
It depends on the How you are connecting your device with PC. If you are connecting using USB interface. you can represent it as Mass Storage device.
But windows PC only detects FAT file system. So you have to develop and adapter
which converts JFFS2 to VFAT and Vice versa. It takes around one month dedicated to implement and test.

Added after 37 seconds:

Hi
It depends on the How you are connecting your device with PC. If you are connecting using USB interface. you can represent it as Mass Storage device.
But windows PC only detects FAT file system. So you have to develop and adapter
which converts JFFS2 to VFAT and Vice versa. It takes around one month dedicated to implement and test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back