Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

first project using atmel89s52 microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

eeHassan

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am making my 4th semester project in B.Sc electrical engg. using atmel 89s51/52 microcontroller....please suggest me what can I make using it?what can be a good project....

Thankx this link was quite helpful......but still need more suggestions

suggestion:
1.use P89V51RD2 instead of 89s52,b'coz it does not need any extra hardware for programming.
2.use keil C.
3.chk it's demo programme & learn programming first.

Is the processor arcitecture same for both?

---------- Post added at 20:41 ---------- Previous post was at 20:21 ----------

One thing that is making problem for me.....can I use any memory of a microcontroller as a non-volatile memory?
Its because I want to enter a password from keypad and save it for lifetime until it is changed again......

Hi,

You can write your data into EEPROM it is a nonvolatile memory..
Download the datasheet of The MCU you are planning to use and learn more about it

Abeer :twisted:

architecture for all 8 bit are same...... any IC atmel or philips any controller all are same.........

But features are slightly different....

---------- Post added at 22:49 ---------- Previous post was at 22:47 ----------

better you use external eeprom AT24c02 or 04 using I2c protocol......

MicroController cannot erase/write data into an EEPROM itself.........it should be removed and reprogrammed to change data thats not like it!....I want a memory in which the MC can erase/write data itself.....

i did not understand your statement.... in external memory controller can write the data. it nneed not be programmed to erase the data in eeprom.....

if i am wrong correct me with your proper requirement

Hi,
The microcontroller can modify the contents of a particular location in the EEPROM. So, when you communicate with the EEPROM chip, if you do so properly using I2C protocol (or whatever protocol it uses for interface), you can read and write data to the EEPROM using the microcontroller, without needing to program it by using your PC. This is what you need, as you want to store password in the location. So, just decide which location(s) you're going to use and write data to them. When retrieving password, read data from those location(s). For an example, check here: https://www.edaboard.com/threads/17652/#post639851

Your compiler should provide libraries for I2C communication which you can use for communication with the EEPROM chip.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Ok I get it now.........EEPROM doesn`t require to be programmed by PC.....but how can i use eeprom to store my password while my program would be in Flash memory of MC......?
and thanks to both of u for ur help

---------- Post added at 21:46 ---------- Previous post was at 21:41 ----------

and which mC should I use which can connect at24c02/04 eeprom?

eeprom can be programmed using i2c protocol... you can download eeprom 24c04 data sheet and go through it once....

understand i2c protocol.. it will be very useful in future also..

get some basic stuff about i2c basics and read it....

---------- Post added at 22:28 ---------- Previous post was at 22:25 ----------

you can you any controller to implement i2c.. there is no controller restriction... you can store password in eeprom from controller using any method..
1. write to eeprom using predefined array data.
2. accept serial data from other device and store the data in eeprom.
3. use keypad and send data to controller and store it in eeprom

Any microcontroller that has I2C module can be used, as, here you need I2C communication. Even if it does not have I2C, you can write your own functions.

I think 89s52 doesn't have I2C, so just use the functions from here: Downloads / I2C Libraries / 24C16 Routines : 8051 Microcontroller Projects AVR PIC Projects Tutorials Ebooks Libraries codes

The program is in flash memory, but writing to EEPROM doesn't depend on that. Your program, stored in flash memory, will dictate how the microcontroller should send data to write to EEPROM.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Reactions: Abeer_h

Abeer_h

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back