Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

First professional milling – engraving CNC machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

gres

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points

It’s a almost professional machine that can work with plastic and polymer. Work pole 600*400*100mm but in “Z”axle should have possibility to lift – up for 100mm.
I decided to use twisted - steel – aluminum construction (no possibility of steel – weld construction), line fences, trapezoid screws, Constance ” gate” and moving in “Y” direction table.
Frame is steel profiles with wall-cut 4mm. Two longer has dimensions: 100mm*50mm and 1200mm length, two shorter – 80mm*60mm and 410mm length, at both ends I welded steel sheat 10mm wide ( only weld elements in construction ) Frame is reinforced from bottom side by metal sheet 10mm wide and tighten by M8 screws. Shorter profiles were grinded to right hight and milling to right length.
I drilled holes fi30mm to set “Y” axle and montage holes for casing.
“X” axle is set on two PA6 aluminum 15mm width wit dimensions 600mm*200 (bottom) 150 (top).
Each axle consist line bearings, fences are precocious rollers with diameter:
Fi30 – “Y” axle
Fi 25 – “X” axle
Fi 20 – „Z” axle
Drive is a step engine 1,8Nm power. Gear 2:!, and trapezoid screw 18mm diameter and 4mm of jump. To cancel backlash I use two nuts. One is constant set into bush.
Steering system is typical L297 and L298 aplications via LPT port of PC and MACH2 software.
Electrical spindle is a popular KRESS with 1000W power.
More information at: https://www.elektroda.pl/rtvforum/topic1567796.html

Status
Not open for further replies.