Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

first order sigma delta ADC

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawson

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
have anyone done any simulation of the DSM . here is my design.. but my output seems to be inverted.. anyone know if im doing anything wrong or can explain to me why my waveform is inverted.
analog simulation design1.jpg

my output bit steam when input at Vmax there should be more 1s at the top however my waveform stated otherwise.

analog simulation design1 waveform.jpg

my design is a 1st order SDM..

Waveform is inverted because the integrating stage is inverting. You can add another inverting stage after the integrator, or tak Qbar as the output.

Reactions: dawson

dawson

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
thanks for the prompt reply. but when i design my functional block design using matlab-simulink i dont need to invert my signal after the integrator. i've tried inserting an inverter after my integrator but it doesnt work. i can only invert my Q or use Q bar for as my output. But i still dont understand why my analog simulation is inverted when my integrator suppose to be taking the difference of the analog input and the feedback.
regards,
dawason

Last edited:

Matlab-simulink implements the integrator as k1/s for some constant k1. But in your case, the transfer function from Vin to Vint is -1/R1C1s.

Reactions: dawson

dawson

V

thanks for your clarification.

Status
Not open for further replies.