Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

fire extinguisher GSM-based pressure tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.

nival04

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello guys.!
i need your help for the hardware requirement of my proposed system in my thesis study. i am involved in developing a product monitoring system with fire extinguisher gsm-based pressure tracking.

the hardware(or the system) must be able to detect whether the fire extinguisher is out of pressure. when the pressure of the fire extinguisher dropped down, the device must send an SMS to my system (receiving the SMS to the system is not a problem) that the fire extinguisher has lost its pressure and need to be refilled.

i have no idea what to start. i tried to search about a microcontroller but its seems like its quite big to install to a fire extinguisher. it will lose the portability of the fire extinguisher.

guys i need ur help. do you have some idea. please help me on this.. huhuhuhu :(

ur help will be appreciated. huhuhuhuhu :(
sorry for my english btw.

What type of fire extinguisher ? Water, foam, CO2 ?? Also, there are a very few Halons available for 'special needs'...

FWIW, some extinguishers come with a pressure gauge. Such may be retrofitted with an industrial-type gauge that includes a go/no-go switch. After that, you're flying...

hi nik. tnx for the help..

what would the go no-go switch try to do..?
will it be installed between the fire extinguisher and the pressure gauge?

I was thinking of process-control gauges that have a contact, micro-switch or optical sensor activated by their gauge needle moving out of the 'safe' zone.

D'uh. I forgot the KISS rule: Don't put GSM on the extinguisher, put it on the extinguisher's wall-bracket.

That way, breaking the tamper-evident security tie and accessing the bottle for any reason prompts an early inspection visit. Then you can check gauge, weigh bottle or whatever your SOP requires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back