Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FIR filter using matlab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shahid hussain

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi everyone

I am new to matlab and I need matlab code for FIR filter without using the inbuilt matlab functions and that too in time domain...

for filter design matlab is used to generate the coefficient of filter.

if number of sample is n if ur output is y(n) and input is x(n) and ur filter is second order Fir filter

u can write

for i =2:n

y(n) = a0*x(n) + a1*x(n-1)
end

a0, a1 is coefficient of filter u can extend the equation according to ur order of filter .

Thank you for your reply.

Actually i want to design a multipath communication channel using fir filter, like a0,a1,a2...would be the gain of those paths and there would be delay associated with each path and that would be a real no. rather than integer, so that as a impulse response of the channel I get the Varying amplitude impulses shifted by some real no.(i.e. time delay of the path)...

my input is sinewave with noise..and i implement 2 nd order fir filter..i want matlab code..

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,

I generated sine wave with 50Hz and added noise to it.
After that, I want 2 design a simple FIR filter with order=2 and I apply this filter to my signal with ""filter"" function in MATLAB(Build in function).
i want to matlab code..plz guide me

Thanks in Advance.

so as you know the filter command you have to just design a filter to get the coefficients from that go to matlab and check ''fdatool'' OR ENTER fdatool in ur matlab terminal u will get a gui . from that design ur filter and from export the coefficients to matlab terminal thats it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back