Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

fingerprint image filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

bibhukalyan

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,
I want to use a filter to filter the image which i am getting from a sencor.I attached the image which i am getting from sensor.Can any body suggest which filter i should use so that a get a better image ?
raw.jpg

thanks.

The image appears to show black whorls with light gray spaces in between.

I think you would like more contrast. So that you have solid white and solid black?

Was the image originally grayscale? Did you convert it to black and white at high resolution? It might have worked better to use a threshold adjustment.

Here are steps which may provide a better image. Assuming you have a graphics editing program...

Convert the entire image to grayscale. Blur the resolution a bit. You'll get dark gray whorls with light gray between them.

Then convert the entire image to b&w (or line-art). However as you do so, find the adjustment which sets the level to determine what pixel gray value is turned white, versus being turned black.

Then you should have a high-contrast fingerprint, consisting of black whorls, and white space in between them.

You will have to experiment a bit to find the best settings.

Due to a wide set of features, in image processing jobs, is usefull to work with PhotoShop tool, in order to choose the best pre-processing algorithm.
In some circunstamces, there are not a standard approach to follow, but decide by inspection, as mentioned by BradtheRad.

+++

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back