Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Finfet different vt

Status
Not open for further replies.

macrodesigner

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I am trying to design SRAM memories in finfet nodes. i can see there are multiple vt types in library ( svt,lvt,ulvt). what parameter causes to have different in finfet devies.
I know oxide thickness (tox) is one parameter and not sure about doping dependence ( this was the case in planar).

trying to understand first order effects which lead to multiple vt in any technology offering.

Thanks
---

multiple vt is not a new finfet thing, it has existed for a long time. a simple google search will tell you that lvt=fast but leaky, hvt=slow but power efficient.

Thanks for reply @ThisIsNotSam. My question is more inclined towards what causes different vt in finfet nodes other than tox.

Core tox is the same for all VT versions. You could
tell this by the voltage rating(s). There's probably
an I/O tox which is higher. Not likely more than two
altogether. Consider the tox and the threshold
implants as orthogonal dimensions.

Vt in FinFETs is controlled not by the channel doping (as in planar MOSFETs), but by the gate (metal) material choice.
Some technologies have up to 6 different Vt's (three for each type - p- and n-type), some - up to 8 Vt's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back