Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

finding suitable op amp on ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.

xReM1x

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi! I got this schematic:
b8bb7f917b05e5b81ec177259c9de967.png

now, I cant find LT1638 cheap or suitable, and I need an op amp with supply range up to 30V and low voltage inputs.
the voltage divider that goes to the non-inverting input is going to be 30uV - 30mV. I dont know much about op amps so I dont really know how to serach for a suitable op amp, thats why I'm using ltspice opamps to test but there is not much op amps in LTSPICE that are sold on ebay.

Hi,

Look for:
* needed supply voltage range
* unity gain stability
* common mode input range includes gnd
* low offset voltage

Klaus

Why buy a reject or a fake from ebay? Buy a REAL opamp from a genuine dealer for the manufacturer and electronic parts distributor.

Why buy a reject or a fake from ebay? Buy a REAL opamp from a genuine dealer for the manufacturer and electronic parts distributor.
shipping for me cost 8$ most of the times. thats more than the cost of the parts I need. ebay for me is the cheapest.

Why are you so cheap? Good quality parts do not cost much and the shipping of them is worth it.
A couple of days ago I spent $5.00 for gasoline to drive to one of the remaining electronic parts distributors in my city to buy four 1N5817 Schottky diodes. I am glad I did.

Why are you so cheap? Good quality parts do not cost much and the shipping of them is worth it.
A couple of days ago I spent $5.00 for gasoline to drive to one of the remaining electronic parts distributors in my city to buy four 1N5817 Schottky diodes. I am glad I did.
well maybe because I'm 14. I dont have my own job (some sort, I still get money off doing somethings) and there is no LT1638 is any electronic store that isnt 2.5hours drive.
so, my only way is ordering. a single LT1638 cost 12shekels -> 3$. shipping - 8$. thats 11$ total for a 1cm silicon. thats why I'm looking on ebay -> everything for cheap free shipping.
I have more than 11$ that I can spend so if there is no any other options than I'm going to order it but the cheaper the better.

and that was 12 years ago?
I still have the slide rule I used in school. It calculates that I was 14 years old exactly 55 years ago.
12 years ago I was preparing to receive an old age pension from my government since I was already retired. I received the pension for doing nothing for 9 years now and I keep receiving it.

An op amp is the preferred device in your schematic, because it is versatile and convenient to use. However there is a chance you can duplicate the function of the op amp, with the use of discrete components. It will require a lot of experimenting.

The op amp has a differential amplifier at the input. A long-tail pair is customary for this role. A current mirror may be involved too.

Then a half-bridge at the output. You may be able to get by with a transistor and pull-up resistor.

Your schematic is nothing more than a ground-referred constant current sink.

The ubiquitous and cheap LM358 can work in your application, if you are willing to change ONE SPECIFICATION: namely the voltage range you require to amplify.
If instead of requiring 30 uV to 30 mV, you make it like 100 times larger from 3 mV to 3 V, you can make it work with the LM358A.

Of course the sense resistor will dissipate much more power, and the voltage compliance will be slightly above 3V.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back