Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

finding electromagnetic fields in cavity

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnr

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
electromagnetic cavity modal expansion

Hello all..! First I must thank you for this site.
I'm a student and I try to complete a PhD work about 2 months. thesis about modelling a cavity resonator that consist of a different dielectric strip and this reonator is exciting from aparture in TE 01 mode waveguide. Resonator is rectangular. A different dielectric thin strip is framing in the middle of the rectangular resonator symmetrically inside. Then I try to find electromagnetic fields in resonator via modal expansion method or numerical method except finite elements. How can I find fields on dielectric strip and on the resonator any point. How can I build the model of cavity? If you advice me about my project your help makes me happy.
My best wishes....

for closed resonant structures finite elements is the best method, why don't you want to use it?

other simulation techniques wouldn't be helpful. FDTD would require extremely long run time. Moment method may give a shifted center frequency, plus the difficulty of de-embedding.

Best Regards,
Adel

Numerical methods include FEM, FDTD and MMM.
You can try mode matching method to model, but this method need tedious mathmatic efforts and skilled programmer. It will cost you a few months or years. It is very accurate in the canonical shapes.

MODAL METHOD ANALYSIS OF MULTILAYERED COATED CIRCULAR WAVEGUIDE USING A MODIFIED CHARACTERISTIC EQUATION

a nice paper for simulating circular cavity coated with layered medium!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back