Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Finding component level information...

Status
Not open for further replies.

awbazar

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I find that many equipment manufactures show modules as black boxes on the wiring diagrams attached to the equipment. When attempting to get component level information on the contents of these "black box" modules, many of which are easily repairable, I have run into brick walls. This is a problem when the component has been vaporized beyond the abiltity to read the device number. Any hints on how to obtain this information which have worked for others would be of interest to me.

The associated manufactures in my most recent case claim that they will not assist a consumer in repairing his equipment and refer me to authorized service people who can only replace the entire module...not very helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.