Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Finding a Transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeisi

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Transformer for a MAX2981

Hello,
I have recently started a design with a MAX2981 analog front end chip. This specific chip is an analog front end for power line communication. Within the example circuitry found here (page 12) the schematic calls for a 1:1 secondary tapped transformer. Upon searching digikey & mouser, I could find no such transformer. Could someone please point me in the right direction? I must be missing something.

Edit: I also have tried emailing maxim for a recommended part. They apparently feel like ignoring me, since I wont be selling millions of these.

Last edited:

Did you understand the required transformer specifications according to the HomePlug PLC standard? It's essentially a RF transformer with flat response in 2 to 25 MHz range. There is a large choice of suitable transformers avaliable from manufacturers like Coilcraft or MiniCircuits.

No idea why Maxim doesn't suggest suitable transformers. May be there's a supplemental application note or reference design?

Status
Not open for further replies.