Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Finding a 24V 35A transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjviitas

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
24v 35a transformer

I am trying to build a 12V power supply. Anyone have any ideas where to get a 24V 35A transformer?

24v toroidal transformer battery charger

Why would you need 24V transformer for 12V power supply???

Anyhow, you can get 2x25V @ 500VA toroidal transformer from www.altronics.com.au and probably from some other places...

24v transformer 35a

Sager Electronics has stock on Signal Transformer MPI-900-48 (48VCT at 18.8A, or 24V at 37.5A)
**broken link removed**
https://www.sager.com/

24VAC does seem rather high. Other transformer voltages are available.

transformer 24v how to build

Yes it does seem a little high, i was thinking a little more in the line of 25A but the schematic here calls for it:

https://www.electronics-lab.com/projects/power/009/index.html

In case your wondering I want to build a ups. Sealed deep cycle batteries and inverters are cheap and easy enough to find but an automatic battery charger with about a 25A continuous rating to feed the parallelled battery and inverter is 360CAD in my parts. So, I though I would build one...except a high current power supply made more sense.

All you need is approximately 15Vac..
After all you don't want to build a heater???

Wow at $178.00 a pop not sure if i will be buy one of those babies any time soon. Oh well, thanks for the info guys

In general, these mass market multiple source products like UPS devices are cheaper to buy than build unless you have the parts available in your junk box.

Hey! Please contact me to finish your work!
I have a small workshop producing transfomer!
But you're must in VN!

Status
Not open for further replies.