Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Find the size of the processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckshivaram

Advanced Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How do we confirm the Size of processor.

Is it memory size / processor speed / address bus / data bus / any other peripheral's size or any other parameter ? Just think.

Post your answers........ just want to know how many know the correct answer

I noticed, that you are rescheduling a very unclear question. Hasn't become clearer anyway by your additional comments to my opinion. Particularly I don't see what confirm shall mean in this respect.
just want to know how many know the correct answer
I regard this sentence a pretty strong hint that you are not trying to solve a real problem respectively are suggesting to ignore this thread.

Or is it just a misunderstanding of mine?

Hi FVM;
I closely follow your answer and I really appreciate the quality of answers you give instead of going round about the trees as I see in many posts. I was just waiting for your response to my thread.
When I used the word "confirm" I meant that when we say the controller/ processor is 8 bit or 16 bit etc, on what basis do we decide it before giving it a name as 8 , 16, 32 bit.

Am I clear. I posted this as I found that in a big MNC where I work people with so many years of experience do not know this. So I just wanted to know what different responses I get for this. I wanted to poll it, but i dont know how to send a question as POLL.
Sorry.

O.K., I see an understandable meaning of your question now.

there are so many processors which has internal data bus and also external data bus which is of different sizes. So DATA bus cannot be the one which decides the processor size.

Right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back