Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Find files in Temporary Internet Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

clairvoyant13

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I downloded a RAR file and it is somewhere in C:\Documents and Settings\CL13\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files but I can't see it there.
How can I make this file visible? In Folders\Tools\Folder Options\View - Show Hidden Files and Folders option is enabled.
Bye!!!

If it has been saved, it is somewhere "deeper" than that ..
One option is to use WinRAR (if you don't have it, download evaluation copy from the Internet) ..
Press ALT+V (view files) and navigate to Temporary Internet Files -> Content.IE (or something like that) and search there ..

Regards,
IanP

In the Explorer go to "C:\Documents and Settings\CL13\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files". Now extend the path in the address bar by typing "\Content.IE5" so that the complete path is "C:\Documents and Settings\CL13\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5"and hit return. Now all folders can be seen. Your RAR file is in one of these folders.

Bad XP habit :twisted:

Thanks guys
I found it through WinRAR but where in explorer should I write the whole path?
I can't see any place where the path can be extnded.
Bye!!!

So, you don't see the address bar ..
In EXPLORER goto VIEW ->TOLLBARS and place a check mark next to ADDRESS BAR ..
Then follow instructions given by M!k

Regards,
IanP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back