Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

find a component in miscellaneous devices in altium

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaolomc32

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Peace. I need real help that I could not solve the problem until now. Has a plan Altium complete with all the directories but when I search for a particular element by directive of the instructions where said component should be in a particular directory I do a search and the software can not find the component. I must say that I have all part numbers and how the software may not find the component?
Please help. Component is 2N3904 and is listed as miscellaneous device and should be available this library is one of the library components., But component not found and other elements I was looking for. Why I can not find it and Aichnitn overcome the problem? Way that other components of the software can not find. Please your help

1. Did you selected the library path correctly? (library path relative to:) .should select the library path in the installation folder
eg: C:\Program Files (x86)\Altium Designer Summer 09\Library
2. Did you check that the miscellaneous device is installed on your altium library?
On the window "Available Libraries" and under "installed". miscellaneous devices should be ticked. If its not, tick it.

If its not helpful, you can manually install the miscellaneous devices.

On "Available Libraries" and select "install". Navigate to the folder and select the miscellaneous devices and open it. and close the window.

Now you make a search of that component in your library.

Hope it helps :)

hi there.thanks for answer.I did all the actions according to the location of library .I checked that the miscellaneous device and its one file which exist in the library.But I don't found the icon "Available Libraries" in the software.where is it exist?

- - - Updated - - -

THANKS A LOT.ITS HELPED ME AND NOW I CAN WORK.
VERY THANKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back