Not open for further replies.

kringo

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone!

I am currently working on a simulation of a 16 QAM transmission and have some problems attenuating a specific frequency!
The Transmitter is fine, transmission over air interface works also fine! After that I bring the signal back to the baseband representation and now want to filter it by a Lowpass of third order.
I know how to programme a lowpass in Matlab but I don´t know how to filter the signal!
For example I transmit about 128000 bits at a carrier frequency of 440Hz. So after bringing the signal back to baseband, I have also components in there with 880Hz (which should be surpressed)

My problem is that I don´t understand how to handle the filter, because on the one hand I have a vector with 128000 elements then "multiply" it with a lowpass transfer function and on the other hand I should use a vector with different frequencies so that the higher frequencies are attenuated?? I am so confused ...

Thanks

Maybe I'm not understanding your question, but have you looked at the filter function?

yes but this is not the function i need
I programmed a Lowpass filter as follows:

Code:
num = 880; % Numerator
denum = poly(-880); % Denumerator
sys = tf(num,denum); % gives the transfer function for the lowpass

bode(sys); % Bode-Diagramme of the Lowpass-filter

So my question is: how to apply this filter on a data-vector with 128000 elements? I cannot just multiply my data vector with that transfer function ...

you can use the 'filter' function in matlab! just type 'help filter' to see the parameters.

I hope it helps!

nein nicht wirklich, leider
aber ich arbeite gerade an der Lösung die vielversprechend aussieht!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…