Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Filter s2p file problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmkrkmz

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi guys,
I am designing a downconverter system in AWR VSS, and got a problem. I import a s2p file of a filter that i will use in the IF stages, but it doesn't work. I mean; if i connect a tone to the subcircuited s2p filter, i see the expected level correctly that i would calculate with S21 data of the s2p file at related frequency (tone power plus S21(dB)), but when i use a mixer and get the same frequency that i mentioned earlier, the filter does nothing !
Would you please help?
Regards,

Hello Cem,

Did you use LIN_S block for S2P file in AWR VSS? If not use this block it works...

If so then upload ur VSS file *.emp & corresponding touchstone *.S2P file

---manju---

Hello Manju,
Yes i used LIN_S.
The files are attached. Please see the Design Notes.
Thanks
Cem

Last edited:

Hello Cem,

Yes you are right...!
But the system diagram to test this filter is not suitable & settings too not ideal for this filter test...

I have created a new system diagram the"Filter Test" where I used simple RF Tone & the Filter...
Then plotted the spectrum, & is working fine as expected...
Also I created a S-parameter network analyzer setup system diagram...
The modified AWR VSS file is attached, see all the plots....

hope this helps you....

---manju---

Attachments

• downconverting_M.zip
    114.3 KB · Views: 69

Hello Manju,
Thank you for your time and effort. I see that the filter is working individually as expected.
But, is there any chance to see that it is also working with the entire system, I mean I must see that it is working after the MIXER_F. Because I will add some other components to the system and I should show that the entire system is working correctly.
You mentioned that the settings is not ideal for testing, what can we do?
thanks,
Cem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back