Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Filter design unit in ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadegh.j

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey all

I want to design a filter in ADS, say low pass. But I don't want to be involved in the detailed designing process. What I want is a unit in ADS that does the filtering for me. Is there any such thing?

filter design guide ads

Hello Sadegh.j,

What is the implimentation type...is it Luped elemt or Microstrip or Stripline...
Why can't you try to use Nuhertz Filter Synthesis tool, if you are only interested in Filters....

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

---manju---

filter design guide of ads

Thanks,

as I said, I am looking at the filter as a black box, nothing is important, it should just do the filtering.

Filter design ion ADS

yeah in ADS there is a filter design guide so it can be done very easily . use it it is very easy

khouly

Re: Filter design ion ADS

khouly said:
yeah in ADS there is a filter design guide so it can be done very easily . use it it is very easy

khouly

totally agree

read more about the helf files

Re: Filter design ion ADS

Sadegh.j said:
Thanks,

as I said, I am looking at the filter as a black box, nothing is important, it should just do the filtering.

ADS has both filter synthesis tool and also filter blocks either LP HP BP etc where you can set the filter performance and use it as a black box.

Filter design in ADS

ADS has more funtions about the filter design.enter your paramete and filter type your need.simulate and tune,you can get it.

Re: Filter design in ADS

Hi all,

Every design environment has what is called a "Synthesis Wizard" and ADS is no exception.....! The question here is whether sadegh.j is looking a filter at a component level or at a system level? Luckily ADS has both provisons. One can take a filter "Block" directly if the filter is part of a system, or else just "ask" the wizard to synthesise an appropriate filter (viz butterworth, chebyshev, etc..) and then run simulation on it.....!

With ADS every thing is possible....!!! (or did i sound too optimistic???!!!)

All the best..!

Sai

Filter design in ADS

no u don't optimistic , but realy ADS is loaded with alot of features u can spend alot of time learning them :)

khouly

Re: Filter design in ADS

Yes, Agilent ADS has all the capabilities required for implimentation of RF & Microwave Circuits from spec to manufacturing including testing capabilities.
U can have a black box ie ideal behaviral filter or circuit schematic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back