Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

filler cells problem in ICC

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnasser431998

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I'm currently working on a project with 180nm smic. The lef files are quite old from about 2003. I converted them into milkyway files with the milkyway.
Everything went good until I came into the step of adding the filler cells, the icc complains that the cells I'm adding are not filler cells. I'm sure they are as I read the datasheet.

can you suggest a solution for this problem.

Thanks in advance,

mnasser

check the original LEF file, maybe there is some annotation in it that is making mw think it is a functional cell. typically a fill cell should be of the same class of the other digital cells, but should have no pins other than VDD/GND.

I checked it. It says that it's from "ioSite" type which is different from "coreSite" type(for standard cells) and the same as other digital IO cells.

I checked it. It says that it's from "ioSite" type which is different from "coreSite" type(for standard cells) and the same as other digital IO cells.
this is very unusual. maybe you checked IO fillers instead of std cell fillers.

I included screen shots of the lef file of both of the filler and normal output pad.

Attachments

• filler_pad_dig.png
    filler_pad_dig.png
    28.3 KB · Views: 84
  • pout_pad_dig.png
    pout_pad_dig.png
    33 KB · Views: 89

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor