Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

File Input and Output Using Perl or C in VHDL Test Bench

Status
Not open for further replies.

beast_boy

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am writing a vhdl code for a serial interface, now for the purpose of automation i will be writing a perl script or a C code saved as d2bconverter.pl so that i will supply the decimal numbers to the script read from a file named data.txt and converter.pl will generate the desired binary numbers and store them in another text file named decimal2binary.txt... after that the binary data stored in decimal2binary.txt is to be supplied to the VHDL Testbench whenever clock pulse will occur i.e. the binary data will be synchronized with the clock can someone help me to achieve this task because i am new to VHDL and i dont know the file interfacing in it.

Dear,

if you google you can find lots of examples of how to read stimuli from input file and write results to it. As a start point try considering the following link (All credits go to the author of the website!)

**broken link removed**

Cheers

- - - Updated - - -

Dear,

if you google you can find lots of examples of how to read stimuli from input file and write results to it. As a start point try considering the following link (All credits go to the author of the website!)

**broken link removed**

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.